Wednesday 10 December 2008

Final Front Cover

This is my first final front cover. The colours on my cover are red, black and white. I chose these colours because they match what the model is wearing and go well together. The colours can be easily read and stand out against the black background.
My masthead is called 'Emperor'. I chose this name because it makes the magazine seem important. I did the font of the masthead in a graffiti style as it matches the genre of the mag zine and some of the context inside. I also did this font style on the 'Bonafyde' lettering showing some connection between them.
On top of the masthead, I positioned a crown on as the text anchors this image. I changed the saturation and hue of the image to make it more shiny and stand out against the text and the background.
I changed the character spacing on publisher on the strap lines to make them tighter and Kern them more. This makes it better visually as there are not as many gaps in between letters.
my strap lines on the right fit around my image and on the left go slightly over. this balances out the cover as the image is slightly to the left so i put more strap lines on the right.

No comments: